I started watching Downton Abbey tonight, and this is what I am going to say: I'm not in love. Honestly. The first episode was captivating enough, but the next two were kind of a lot of blah with a few moments of Ah! This is why they all like it!
They all have accents (except for the mom from New York... Lady Graham Crackers with the quizzical brow) and the rich women all wear beautiful dresses, and it's all very turn of the century which has always interested me. Just ask my fourth grade teacher who couldn't get me to stop talking about Victorian projects. And at the end of the day, I'd rather watch anything Masterpiece than 90% of what's on TV. But, like I said, it drags. And I seriously was very much not OK with the Turkish dude and Mary bit. What the crap? No, Mary! You dumb, pompous brat! Floosey!
I like the boy who will inherit. I also like the youngest daughter, because she was nice to Gwen. And I'm naturally a fan of Maggie. But it will take a few more plot twists in the next few episodes to get me to pay for another month of Hulu so that I can see season two, which will apparently be online by the middle of July.
MARY IS MY FAVORITE AND I STAND BY MY OPINION!
ReplyDelete