2.6.13

Viewer Discretion Advised (AKA Sixth Grade Was Aesthetically Experimental)

In the yearbook. I was one weird haircut away from the rest of the year.

I was, at least, wearing leisure sport coats before that became a thing. Forward thinking.

Not really sure what a "geisha" was, I told my mom that's what I wanted to be for Halloween. What I really wanted was to wear my mom's kimono. 

Just a casual birthday shot with dad. We were matching. Presh.

Ok well this one is actually precious. Christmas Sunday was nothing without a little bit of stoner-face on Mark's and my part, and a little bit of muffin top peeking out of Jacob's shirt-tuck job.

And then, I got a flat-bottom "bob." It was more like 300 degrees of hair skirt. 

My science experiment that year was about tooth decay. I wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy and got a lot of my baby teeth back, and then soaked them in soda for various amounts of time. I didn't win anything. My mom did, however, put hours into making that board and project binder immaculate. Thanks mom!

And this was the end of the school year outing to Medieval Times. I loved Medieval Times. I am not sure how I got away with the length of those shorts. And I am definitely not sure why my mom didn't tell me that I had a front butt to envy any 40-year-old-mom. I thought that shoulder bag was way cool, though. And I was definitely still into the brown suede slip-ons. At least my hair was in check.

Until Seventh Grade...

H.A.G.S.





1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing so hard I can't see through the tears to tell which is better: the hair skirt or the front butt.

    ReplyDelete