I find myself saying that in my head almost twice as many times as a 12-year-old girl would say "RaNdOm!" at a slumber party. It has a ring to it, no?
Anyways, you know how in movies, towards the end, sometimes an exasperated breakdown occurs in a car, and the main character will crumble onto the steering wheel, and say things under their breath while other characters are elsewhere resolving the conflict? Tears may be involved, or cursing. Your choice.
My life's not a movie (although it probably could be produced into something that would be so indie you'd turn brown), and I don't really have any conflict in my life that was solved in a rushed, choppy manner by other people in other places tonight, but I did do the crumble-on-my-steering-wheel move as I pulled into my drive way and wondered what I was doing with my life. It was not everything I thought that moment would be. For one, not comfortable. For two, kinda pretty awkward. For three, I guess it only works in movies. Steering-wheel-crumbles and Cloud City: two things that I wish happened in real life.
You know what's something that I really like to do in the driver's seat, late at night, with some manner of mix CD playing less than loud in the background? Eat KFC. That's right. It happened twice last semester. So relaxing. The second time got a little messy... (gravy EVERYWHERE) but it was still overall pleasant. You don't see people in movies eating KFC in their cars when they're having personal breakdowns.
Probably because people in movies are all vegetarians and wear pants I can't fit my arms into.
an obvious fact that we state constantly. but...
ReplyDeleteWE ARE THE SAME PERSON.
luurve you.