Mat Kearney released his 3rd album today (or tomorrow, I'm not really sure. iTunes let me download it tonight but it's not supposed to be released until tomorrow... Time Zones, you tricky tricksters), so I'm definitely staying up until I've listened to every song twice. Partttayyyyyyyyy.
MK was one of the first artists I really loved on my own, despite his weird taste in subject matter/rapping. (Mat, if you're reading this, just sing! Sing and don't rap!) His first album, Nothing Left to Lose, had a lot of weirdness/rapping, but 6 years ago I thought it was really cool. His second album, City of Black and White, was just lovely. There was no awkward rapping. It's still fun to listen to that one. And then this one, Young Love, is a mix of singing/kind-of-rapping, and it works, even though I just wanted him to sing the whole time. He's developing his style, and that's cool to see--how it's progressed over the past 6 years. My taste in music has definitely changed a lot too, but I'm glad that I can still like Mat a lot. That just makes me really happy. So many times, that doesn't happen with music, especially single artists (like Charlotte Church LOL). But this is different.
So maybe I'm supposed to marry him? I mean, that's what I'm getting from this observation. I'm probably right.
Also, since I can tell you were all dying to know if I actually got a nightstand, I DID. And even though the IKEA book said to put it together with another person that keeps a pencil in their head, I did it by myself, and it works, and it's just a dream come true. Double huzzah for nightstands and marrying a man I met on MTV.
And Molly... I still resent that dream that you had of me. But I do not resent you for dreaming. Dreams are personal favorites of mine. For example, my birthday dream consisted of going to Trinity University, becoming a member of the Jedi counsel, and hunting an Asian ghost woman that haunted the dorms. Oh man. Dreams are like the dessert of sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment