17.11.11

first world problems

I'm going through a phase where none of my music sounds good.

The semester is ever so quickly coming to a close, and I have a million assignments yet to do.

I'm not sure what to get my brother for his birthday.

Checking baggage on flights with connections makes me nervous.

Doing laundry is a hassle, so I never do it, and now I'm running out of socks.

I can't decide if I want to keep doing Weight Watchers or not.

The kitchen in my apartment will never truly be sanitary.

I can't decide what pair of shoes to ask for, for Christmas.

The internet is always too slow.

My grades aren't perfect.

It's cold outside and my skin is drier than sandpaper.











We live charmed lives. At least I know I do. I don't really care much about all this Occupying nonsense, and I know my family isn't in the top 1%, but really... I can't complain. The only things I worry about before I fall asleep are whether or not I'll wake up in time to shower, or if I remembered to reply to this email or that email. Sure, money doesn't grow on trees, but I've never been homeless or so desperately hungry that I tried to eat the shirt off my back. I know I'll go back to stressing out about my blessings before the day is out, but this morning I woke up and realized that besides the fact that God woke me up today, he's given me at least a billion billion things that lots of his other children don't have. And I think that's something worth thinking about.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. And all of my music seems blah currently too.

    ReplyDelete