13.1.12

it's friday, friday, gettin down on friday

In a moment of despair over skype, I told my mom I was going to join a convent in Madrid. I wouldn't have to eat anything, I wouldn't have to wear tight pants, and everyone would be quiet. She told me if I ever joined a convent, she'd send Nacho to come save me. And by "save me," she means Nacho would make me salads and write songs about me and I'd fall in love with him and then we'd probably break our vows together. And then we'd move to Mexico, which is a lot closer to Texas than Spain, and my mom could come visit us and our niños at our service mission/orphanage.

In other words, I've done nothing today except roll around on my bed and feel sorry for myself about how much food I am forced to eat. In Pilar's words, I should feel grateful for all my "pork, sausages... bread... spaghetti... fruits... beef, chicken, and fish that the people in other countries don't have. They eat nothing. I have everything."

I guess one thing I did today was go to my second grocery store. It's funny how much a grocery store can tell you about a place! The Brookshire's I go to the most at home has a huge produce area and then a normal sized deli counter, but here in Alcalá, the meats section is easily the size of (or at least proportionate to) my old produce section, and there is barely a little fruit counter stuffed into the corner, and half of the produce is potatoes.

Another thing I did was talk to Pilar about hot guys. She must be as old as my grandparents, but she says the hottest man alive is George Clooney, because he looks good but he also has the handsome way of talking and walking and he seems intelligent. We were watching the TV when we were talking, and there was some news spot on about a torero named Cayetano Rivera. He was the first attractive Spaniard I had seen, besides Enrique Iglesias, that didn't have earrings or tattoos, so I told her I thought he must be one of the best looking men I've seen. She agreed! I was going to put a picture of him here, but now that I'm looking through them he doesn't look so hot anymore... Oh well. There's still Hugh Jackman!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLLLLLLLLLYCOOK!

1 comment:

  1. gurrr you know i's be stalkin' you. thx for the shout out, bebe!

    ReplyDelete