26.9.12

and then there's today

I was going to write a post yesterday about all the good things that happened yesterday, including spaghetti, Babel, lunch with Becky, rain, and sweatshirts, but instead I did laundry and pretended to do homework.

I don't know what it is about this semester, but I'm one month in and still perfectly happy to pretend that I don't need to do my homework, or study, or anything. It's bad. But I'm also not crashing and burning... yet... At any rate, motivation is at an all time low to be a student. I spend a lot of time wishing I was on adventures. The middle of this month marked 5 months in Utah Valley. I'm trying not to let it phase me, but you guys, that is the longest time I have been in any one place, in any one house, since I was in high school. I haven't been on any adventures since The Big One. I haven't driven farther away than Salt Lake. Which is why this weekend means a million things: I'M GOING TO ST. GEORGE!

At a whopping four hours away from this place, I will practically be in a whole nuther world! I'm going to see Abby Jameson (maybe you've heard of her, she's practically a superstar) kick some California butt at a Dixie State soccer game. Abby=home, soccer=Europe, St. G=not Provo. It's basically all my favorite things combined. 

And more news: the house that I was planning on living in for the next two years is up for sale. I guess I should never plan more than a month in advance. That means I'll at least be getting a change of scenery on the home front in a short time! My next place of residence will be my 8th college bedroom. 8 moves in 3 years is impressive, even for me (16 times from 0-18, 8 from 18-20). 

Now it's time to skim a 50 page document that I might be quizzed over, and wikipedia 5 other things. And maybe I'll shower. Happpppy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment