1.4.13

use, rinse, repeat

2:00 AM and the grind has not even begun. I just finished one bowl of Rice Krispie Treats cereal and I was going to have another but then I saw a pin that said "Health is a R E L A T I O N S H I P you have with your body" (typography not exact, but you get the idea) and then I felt guilty so instead I'll maybe put some gummies in the freezer for 4 AM final snack (before I shower, sleep on the couch for two hours, and then get up and go to class).

It is that time of year. That glorious time of year that actually happens multiple times every year: the last, blessed/cursed two weeks of a semester. I put everything off this semester that I possibly could to be done in these two weeks. What's new? Nothing. Lol. And really, the semester won't end until around the 24th for me, but all of these cussing papers are going to be due next week, and then in the first two days of the next. And you know what that means this week is full of? Research updates. I'm supposed to be turning in research that I haven't done yet. So, every night of this week, I will be researching my eyes out. Finding the proverbial needles in the haystack of the universe of information that is the library. It will not be pretty.

But the next two days in particular will be rough cooks. Tonight, I skimread Anna Karenina. An 850 page book in four hours. God only knows how that happened, my friends, because I am literally the slowest reader on Earth and skimming is one of my least favorite activities. It probably helped that I was already tired. Then I slept for 30 minutes, then I poured this bowl of cereal, and now I am blogging because I don't really want to face the music and write this 4-page paper over Dr. Gary Saul Morson's principle of prosaics throughout the characterization of Anna. It's gotten to be that 4-page papers are the shortest papers I ever write. That doesn't really make them easier, but at least I get to tell myself that this is a short one. It's due by noon. A lot of other things were due today by noon that I didn't do. Picking my homework battles has become nothing if not tedious this year. It's hard to believe that I used to think not doing homework=death.

I know that I left a lot of people hanging about my educational experience, and I've actually been thinking hard about what to say about the next few grades, but since the second and third grade were particularly boring, I'm going to mush the highlights into one post, which will be published maybe tomorrow if I hit another low point. You are going to find out how I truly feel about apples, PB&J, and there's another getting dressed for school memory. Let's just say the amount of skin covered by the sweatsuit was not by third grade's little number.

No comments:

Post a Comment