3.7.13

the nothing day

Today, well really last night, I knew that today would be the kind of day when all I do is the basics. And you know what?

I loved it.

I mean, I love roaming here. But I roamed on my way home from class, and I tried to feel British, and then I bought some pesto at the corner store and went back to the dorm and made lunch, posted some pictures on facebook, drifted off, woke up and did laundry, looked for insect repellent in the corner stores closest to here (in preparation for our trip to the coast tomorrow) (!!!!!!!), came home empty handed, put my hair up, and got ready for a night in.

It's so nice sometimes!

Plus, I broke out my jeans this week. I love these jeans. They're the best. I knew if I was only going to take one pair of pants on this 2-night trip, it would be these. But thanks to a past 3-night trip experience,  (when I ripped the only pair of pants I brought with me/was wearing, dancing at a gas station between Madrid and Barcelona) I'll be bringing a back up pair. Just in case.

Also, my hair has grown maybe an inch... I got it cut at the beginning of May, so it's been almost 2 months. And I can put it up in a crazy little bun! It's so gross looking, but my biggest qualm with cutting my hair is that I can't put it up, which is how I do.



Y'all, I'm in Scotland. My heart... I'll just be thinking about my hair or my lunch or something and then it hits me. DO YOU REALIZE WHERE YOU ARE.

OK, back to the business of blogging my nothing day. My iTunes library SUCKS. I listen to all my favorites on Spotify and Pandora in the states, so the things I have bought are random soundtracks and stuff from high school that I don't like anymore, and then like 5 albums that I like. And all my Coldplay. But I miss my tunes. That's rough. 

And, I think I smell bad. Maybe it's just my shirt... IDK. That's also rough.

But knowing I'm in Glasgow... The least rough ever.

And today Cat wrote a poem for me. It was actually just the X (me) and X (my boyfriend) sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G rhyme, but she replaced "kissing" with "reading." And I thought that was pretty appropriate. I am a big, fat nerd when it comes to reading what I like to read.

I'm worried that my internship is going to fall through. It's like a pit in my stomach. But I know God is going to give me a few other paths to choose from, so I'll still be able to move out of Happy Valley. I AM MOVING OUT OF HAPPY VALLEY. I am down to my LAST SEMESTER. I was talking to my mom about this today, while I was eating my dinner of Cookie Crisp (thank you, random convenience store). She asked, "How does that make you feel?" And I wanted to say, "How did Jane Eyre feel to get the job at Thornfield?" But I didn't say that. I've learned a lot. I'm just really excited to get the heck out of the zoo.

Moves Like Jagger just came on. Thanks, Cath J. At least I have this timeless classic.

And now.... I guess I'll pack my back pack? Maybe shave my legs? The possibilities are ENDLESS.

Well. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment