16.9.13

eight songs, brief commentary on today, and one movie trailer

1. Transatlanticism..........................Death Cab for Cutie
2. Carousel......................................Iron and Wine
3. Beth/Rest.....................................Bon Iver
4. Alimento de la Vida....................Natalia y La Forquetina
5. The Great Estates........................Freelance Whales
6. All For Myself.............................Sufjan Stevens
7. Nobody Knows Me At All..........The Weepies
8. Cayman Islands............................Kings of Convenience

I have a cut on my foot that refuses to heal/be comfortable in shoes, so that was fun working with today. I almost cried out of boredom and confusion in History 300, and later that day almost cried for joy in History 304. I let go of my fear of confrontation to stand up for my grading policy today, and it worked. My dinner was equal parts Cheerios, raspberries, milk, and brownie. I am going to do some work after this, and then go to bed.

Oh, here's a story. Classic Madi.

Last Thursday, we were assigned project groups in my Geography class. The prof projected a list of names and group subjects on the board, and then told us to find each other. Uh, awkward. So I stand up, and start making loose eye contact with every guy in the room. And then I start saying "Iberia group, who's in the Iberia group? Matt? Ross? Where are y'all?" Finally the Matt guy is like "Oh, I'm in the Iberia group." And then a guy gets up from the back and he's like "Y'all are Iberia? Me too." And I'm like "Alright, let me have your phone numbers and emails and I'll send an email. How do you spell your names?"

The Matt guy writes his down. Easy.

Then the Ross guy says "My name is Ross Apo."

And I'm like "Apo? How do you spell that?"

He's like "Um... A-p-o."

And then he tells us, "Also, I can't work on this [insert 238 random times] because of football practice."

And I'm like "Ok, we'll work around it." I've been in classes with student athletes, it's normal.

Then later this weekend, I briefly mentioned to Jacob (my youngest bro) that a football player is in my Geography group (to try to impress him, since everything else I do is weird), and when he asks who I'm like "Uh, his first names is Ross. Last name is apple, or something." And Jacob was like "Seriously? He's good."

So I guess he's actually a really good football player. And I didn't recognize him at all. Go cougs.

And without further ado, THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY:



I am SUPER excited for this movie. Nobody loves escapists like escapists.

2 comments: