9.10.13

heeheehee

As a history TA, Wikipedia is one of my biggest problems. Kids think it's OK to cite Wikipedia in papers, kids study Wikipedia for exams and then turn in bogus answers... Wikipedia is the worst.

As a history student, specifically a student that is taking History 300: The Early Middle Ages from Paul Pixton, Wikipedia is my only hope. If this page did not exist, I would have basically 0 sound* study materials.

I was talking to one of my profs about the problems I am having in Hist 300 and I told them that the wiki page for the topic is the only thing that makes any sense, to which the prof basically responded "what a great time to be alive: Wikipedia is now more useful than a trained academic." To which I responded: "in this case, h yes it is way more useful you have no idea sorry I'm not sorry I just said h yes and totally bashed your profession."

*and since I know from my experience as a TA that Wikipedia is not always sound, screw it. Big P is not the kind of professor that prepares kids to take his exams, and the Early Middle Ages were and are the worst anyways.

In the words of Rebecca Caroline Wagner: Shoot me in the eyeballs.



1 comment:

  1. I don't like the Middle Ages either! As much I love studying history, that is probably the one time period where I'm like "For the love of everything, can everyone please take a bath and move on to the Renaissance already!?"

    ReplyDelete