2.10.13

Kees Kees

Living in Provo means that you are living in a perpetual kissing scene.

I am so happy for people that are in love. Really happy. Love makes it all worth it.

But please, please for the love of all things sacred in this realm, do you really need to be kissing in public? Or even worse, when it's just the two of you and me in a room? 

I don't know what it is about this week, but during the various five minute periods I spend walking from class to class, from the bookstore to my snack spot, from one office to another, etc. everyone and their dogs are kissing right in the middle of my path. It's like they see me from a distance, and run up and stop right in my way and are like "Hey, I love you!" "I love you too." "Let us materialize this affection by way of kissing, since that girl, Madi Mackey, has never seen this done before." [they kiss].

And it's not even just on campus. It's in my apartment. It's in the HRCB club room. It's literally all up in my grill. And it's not like they think they're alone. They're sitting three feet away from me. And I'm not saying that dry lil pecks are annoying, and I really don't care if you are kissing their nose or cheeks or whatever precious other part of their face... But these couples that I am namelessly referencing are making. out. mere inches away from my person. It has literally happened multiple times a day for several days in a row, different couples, most of them strangers, and I am done.

Do they want me to watch? 

Do they think I want to watch?

Am I actually invisible?

These are the questions I ask myself as I look in the mirror before school.

Do I look like a pedophile?

Do I look like I am invisible?

The answer to both of those questions has been "no." But maybe it's a self-perception thing. I could be wrong.

At any rate, if you could abstain from passionate lip contact while you are in my personal space, I would really appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment