19.10.13

this one's for sandi


There are lots of amazing people in my life. There have been lots of times when I think "Dang... I do not deserve all these amazing people in my life." One of those times happened this week.

Sandi, an amazing baker, blogger, Irish dancer, and dog lover, (and lots of other things) is also an amazing friend. When I was growing up, she was one of the "older kids" who I really only knew because she called my dad Mackey Moose (right?) or something like that. Also one of her sisters is my age and we were in the same Sunday School classes for like six years, and every time Holly (the sister) talked about Sandi, I'd be like "That Sandi... She must be a cool girl."

Then Sandi was an adult and doing things like college and living in Austin and I didn't really know what was happening in her life except for when my mom would be like "Oh, Sandi's getting married!" or stuff like that. And then I came to college and got a Pinterest. And then Sandi got a Pinterest. We started following each other's boards, and I found out that I was not the biggest Kate Middleton fan in America because Sandi was. And we bonded over Pinterest because of Kate. Perfect, perfect Kate.

And then I started reading Sandi's blog and Sandi started reading mine and I'm not really sure what happened but then it was like she was the older sister I never had. I just remember thinking "I have adopted her into my heart." So, I hope you're cool with that. You and the Harings are my surrogate older siblings that set cool examples and make me feel cool for knowing you and being able to say that we are friends. 

Sandi sent me a box full of DDLM dishes this week. It was like I was getting married... To Mexico... I just know that dishes are a wedding present and I have never gotten them before and it was just the most thoughtful, beautiful box I had ever, EVER received. And I have received some awesome boxes! (Don't worry Aunt Steph, your boxes are still the most awesome too. In fact, you are the best box maker ever. Y'all are tied. Also I don't know if my mom even ever reads this but she also sends the best boxes. Do you see what I mean when I say there are so many amazing people in my life?!)

And I just want Sandi and the world to know that Sandi is the best. She is the best because she thought of me at her grocery store. She is the best for being so cool. And I am going to love these dishes for the rest of my life. And then I will be buried with them. And then my skeleton will use them every November 1 to eat off of. 

1 comment:

  1. It's difficult to choose a favorite part of this, but if I had to it would probably be you quoting yourself on the picture.

    ReplyDelete