A) Rose and Jack would not have made it if they really ran away together. Are you kidding me? They were really into each other over those two days, and your heart breaks for them, but it would not have worked. Rose is needy for love, Jack is a wild card.
B) But you get really invested in their relationship when you are watching the love scenes. Because you want it to last but you know it will not.
C) What happens to the mom? And why is she such a jerk? What about the Unsinkable Molly lady? Why did anyone care about her, anyways?
D) Did the brown-haired precious baby girl survive? The one who dances with Jack? I think I would have liked her narration more than Rose's.
E) I'm really interested to know what happened to Rose when she got back to North America. Like, I want to know so badly that I am willing to write that story if I need to.
F) She chooses to go to Titanic heaven to be with Jack. WHAT ABOUT YOUR OTHER LOVER, YOUR REAL HUSBAND? Or did that "til death do us part" line absolve you of feeling guilty for spending your eternity with a boy that you had sex with once when you were 17, that froze to death when Titanic sunk?
G) Rose doesn't do anything to try to save Jack. I understand the physics of the flotsam and that he would not have fit on it with her, but they didn't even look for a chair or something to get part of his body out of the water.
H) He doesn't say "I love you," back. I don't care that he didn't want to say goodbye. You can't leave her hanging. Or did he just not love her? COME ON JACK. SHE GAVE YOU EVERYTHING.
I) How big of a douche is the fiance? I can't handle how terrible he is.
J) Rose chooses to get out of the life boat to stay with Jack on the sinking ship, but then she doesn't just die with him... I feel like you need to go one way or the other. Maybe because I'm reckless. But if I loved Jack and hated my other life as much as Rose did, I would probably want to spend those last minutes in the arms of
K) Molly's son's clothes fit Jack perfectly. I am willing to watch the rest of this show and forgive its terrible dialogue, but that is too much of a coincidence. Does she just travel with all of her family members' wardrobes in tow? I'm not buying it.
L) I don't understand old Rose's character. She cusses, travels with her pet goldfishes, only keeps pictures of herself, has short term dementia... She doesn't seem like the same girl that grew up rich, became an actress, and apparently lived a life of adventure. Why was she so keen on traveling out to the middle of the Atlantic to see a nude drawing of herself?
M) Did they really believe she was someone going to help them find the necklace? Why did they fly her out?
N) So much cheesiness, and intensely uncomfortable, poorly written lines.
O) I am a little obsessed. Embarrassingly obsessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment