4.7.11

day 18

Long exposure.

On the real Day 18, I'll do today's real prompt. Mixing it up on 'Mer'ca's birfday.


This is Mark, and five seconds of sparkler fun.

This has been a weird weekend, because Jacob's been gone. Weird. Weird. Weird. I mean, he spent 2 days away from home for fifth grade camp, but he's been gone for 3 days now, and even though we've had an aunt and uncle and two dogs camping out in his stead, it's not the same to be home without knowing he is gameboying in the front room. Or playing something on the TV. Or leaving his headphones plugged into the computer. Or eating all the Ben & Jerry's. 

Anyways, doing sparklers with Mark was like an activity from ages past... The life before Jacob. I have lots of memories of doing things, just me and Mark, but that was only seven years of my life. For 12 years, Jacob's been third-wheeling the sibling situation. I guess having Mark at school will be kinda like that again. WEIRD. IT'S SO WEIRD TO GROW UP. 

America would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment