Yesterday was just everything that I wasn't looking for. You know? It was so bad that by the end of the day, it's almost comical. And although I was up late wasting my life away blog-stalking last night, I was up again by 8:16, so ten points to me for not sleeping the day away. I had all intentions of yesterday being a well-used and muy bueno day. It just took a major turn for the worse somewhere in between the post office behind my house and the post office in front of my house.
But even while I'm saying that, I know it could've been a lot, LOT worse.
I didn't get in a car wreck (although that was one thing I was expecting to happen all day), my family is all alive and well, the house didn't burn down, I wasn't abducted, I didn't get jury duty, etc. I am still 34209% better off than a lot of people in this world.
Yesterday started with cleaning up dog vomit, proceeded with me fishing my phone out of a cup of water after letting it soak unchecked for about twenty minutes,* and continued with petty problems that I shouldn't have gotten so hung up on, such as doing all the little jobs my mom would've done if she was home, or taking the licenseless brother to his basketball team pictures, or cleaning this or fixing that or getting lunch or running errands. By dinner time, I was so sweaty and grumpy and felt so stupid and just plain bad that all I wanted to do was cry in the shower... And eat my feelings in shaped macaroni and cheese.
That, my friends, is why movies like The New World were made. 3 hours of cinematic beauty that just make your heart ache, but not like Little Women crying-after-ten-minutes-until-it's-over heart ache, it's just so good. So freaking good. American history+Christian Bale=beans+rice. You'd really have to be trying hard to screw up that combo, to screw up that combo. That movie+big blanket=it's all going to be OK.
Plus, who doesn't wonder what it would be like to not have a cell phone? I'm practically living the dream.
At least I'm going to keep telling myself that.
*You read correctly. I chucked my phone in a cup of water and didn't notice for twenty minutes. I even remember thinking as I threw my phone into the normally empty cup holder in my car that it didn't sound right. The best part is that I had brought the cup of water into the car probably two minutes before I threw my phone in it without a second thought. I guess I can officially go blonde again, as this day confirmed that my brain is only getting fuzzier by the minute.
Is that movie really that good? I've always been curious.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'd say so, but I also really like eating cold wild-grain rice for breakfast and overcast days. I like some things that no one else likes. But, if you like American history and Pocahontas, I'd say definitely give it a try!
ReplyDelete