After 48 hours of constricted movement and stagnant AC air, I am finally out of car, gas station, and hotel boundaries, lying on a couch in my Grandma's basement (Yes, this means I'm in Kanosh. Yes, this means I ate well tonight.), listening to The Radio Department and feeling like I know where I am again. It was kind of funny; I have an aunt and uncle that live next door, so I snuck into their house after dinner through the backdoor, and I walked into the family room full of cousins and they all jumped up and started yelling my name like I was a celebrity. I guess I am. I do have my own blog...
Anyways, what I've mostly been thinking about lately is how weird it is to think that I'm back in "my environment." What's even weirder is to think that Mark is a part of it now. As much as I hated feeling alone my first semester and totally almost bailed on coming back to BYU this year, I am ready to be on my own again. My tender mother, who I love very much and only wants the best, spent the better part of today's half of the journey to UT going over the process of moving me in and making payments using my student ID and how to drive to Kanosh, etc., like I had never done it before. She also told Mark a lot of the same things, and then reminded him of all the things that he needs to buy before she leaves, like I'm not going to be right across campus and going to Target twice a week. I feel bad, that I can't empathize with her about sending kids to college. I guess that'll all come to me in due time, but still, all I could think about the whole time was how much I had to learn on my own last year, without anyone helping me. It's really weird to realize how much I changed in one year. I didn't think I had, but I had. WEIRD.
And now, I'm going to brush my teeth, and find the blanket that smells like cookies, and get a full 8 hours of sweet, in-my-comfort-zone-sleep. At least, I hope so. I do love sleeping on this couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment