Out of everyone I know, I'm the lame one. And I'm OK with that.
This week was like the Siege of Troy, and I was Hector. I won some, I lost some, I died a little bit and then I was definitely dead, and then Achilles dragged my carcass behind his chariot for a day... But in the end, my dad won my body back and I had an honorable burial. That burial was supposed to be tonight, Friday night, the most sacred night of the week (sorry if that's sacrilegious), for 7 reasons besides the whole burial metaphor: no homework, making my own food and eating it by myself, watching TV by myself, in my jammers, and then making sugar cookie dough, and then going to bed early after a shower that I don't have to time because there's no line.
I ended up not doing a lot of those things, but I wish I had. I don't mind that that makes me seem really introverted and backwards. I know I'm not good at being the party-on kind of college student that lives out the best four years of their lives as an undergraduate... But I like it. I want to improve a lot of things about me, but I really like being quiet. I am also kind of obsessed with the Iliad right now.
T.g.i.F.
No comments:
Post a Comment