I don't actually have very many real secrets. I tell almost everything to a small number of people, meaning that I've told all my secrets, but no one knows all of them... Muah ha ha. And these secrets won't be dark or sketchy. They're just boring me facts that I don't talk about a lot.
Without further ado, SECRET #7:
My favorite food-food that is not dessert and that I make on a regular basis is cold Cheeseburger Mac Hamburger Helper.
It starts out hot, of course, and I do not object to eating it hot, but the chilled leftovers take it to the next level for me. My mom thinks this is nasty and I'm not supposed to eat it. But I do. And I love it.
This is not the only sort of food that is supposed to be eaten hot that I enjoy eating cold. I only eat pizza left overs cold; if you heat it back up it is ruined. I like roasted carrots cold (like from a Sunday roast). Oh man, and Olive Garden's Garlic Chicken/Broccoli/Pasta dish, so good cold! And their breadsticks. I like my mom's chocolate chip cookies when they're frozen (not the dough, the cookies). Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches taste better for me when the turkey is still cold. I like cold cooked broccoli, and cold cheese ravioli in pink sauce (something I had for the first time at the Troxell's house, and my life has never been the same). And I'm sure there are other things that I'm just blanking on now.
And then there's things like cold raw potato, but that's a different story.

No comments:
Post a Comment