But really, every time that song pops up (it's from Carmen), I suddenly have an urge to go grocery shopping.
One week later, I still owe you anonymous millions two secrets. So...
SECRET 6:
I cry consistently whenever I hear these two songs: Waka Waka (Esto es Africa) ((the English version has no effect on me)), and Defying Gravity (from Wicked). I can be in plain sight, in public, by myself, or singing out loud with other people, and still cry during these songs... Which is why I normally don't sing them in front of other people, or at all.
SECRET 1:
dum dum duuuuuum
I'm starting to not feel sure about being called Madi. It's taken 7 years to convince everyone I know to call me Madi, and now, it's just starting to sound wrong. Like... It's weird. I can't describe it. I wanted so badly to be a Madi in middle school, and I can still remember the epiphanic moment (age 5, playing Barbies in front of my bedroom window in Arlington) when I realized that Madi was the first four letters of my name (I had been wondering for a while why some people called me that) and from then on, Madi was like a reminder of my own wisdom. Also, when my parents were mad at me, they called me by my full name, and not Madi; so it was also a happier name. Now, I know a million other Madi's. Most of them spell it differently, most of them have gone by Madi their whole life. A lot of people tell me that "Madi Mackey" has a ring to it, and heck yes it does, but I'm not sure it matches me. I don't know. What's in a name, anyways? I'll probably not do anything about this. But it has been a thought of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment