This one is recurring; I've had it at least twice. It's kind of all over the place, but the best ones tend to be like that, right?
The dream opens and I'm getting out of a taxi with another girl, Michael Scott, and Jim Halpert. It's a double date, and I'm with Jim. We had gone to New York to do something, but as soon as we get out of the car Michael witnesses a guy steal a lady's bag, so he chases it and catches the guy, and the lady says he's a hero and the police come to document it and Michael feels pretty proud of himself. But, as everyone is leaving, either the woman leaves without her bag or the thief leaves without getting arrested (not sure) and Michael is determined to chase that person down. So he commands Jim to accompany him, and Jim shrugs and tells me to go to this party right across the street and he'll come back to get us as soon as possible.
So me and this other girl, who looks kind of like a transvestite, go to this party. It's a big fashion name's party celebrating a new line of shoes he just put out. The one most famous and wanted style of shoe is this black pump oxford, and the pump part is covered in sequins. All of the models are wearing them. Me and this other girl are wearing tacky yellow high heels, and everyone looks at us like we're crazy and then the fashion designer eventually comes up to us and asks us to leave. So we go sit outside on a bench for a while, waiting for Jim and Michael. The other girl I'm with starts drinking and is quickly hammered, and I start to get cold because it's windy. It's becoming very late, and I decide we should try to hail a cab and get back to our cars.
We try walking out into the street and hailing one, just like I learned how, but the few we see are either busy or off duty. This other girl is so drunk that she starts running out into the street and I get a little nervous that we're never going to find Jim (because my cell phone is dead). I decide we should just start walking to a better lit part of town.
I have a path in my mind, and I know exactly how to get where I want to go. It's weird, though, because only parts of it are made of places I know from New York. At any rate, we end up at a park called "Dodt's Park," and it's a block of grass with a lot of light poles surrounding it where some homeless people sleep and homeless artists hang out around. I put the drunk girl on the grass and try to find a pay phone. As soon as I walk off, though, one homeless guy comes up to her and starts telling her his end of days theories. I go back to try to ward him off. He tries to talk to me, and when I tell him I'm Mormon, he starts yelling all of his theories at me and telling me I'm the crazy one and all the homeless people wake up and get mad at me for making him angry. Eventually he wanders off, and I'm just sitting in this homeless park with a drunk girl wondering what my mom would think of me now.
A little bit later, I get up and go to the nearest pay phone. I miraculously get ahold of Jim, and tell him we're at this park. He says he's got a lot of great stories for me, but he's really sorry for my rough night. I just love him so much! He gets there with Michael, and Michael and the drunk girl get back in the taxi to go home because the girl drove and she's too drunk to drive and Michael doesn't want to be seen driving her car. So Jim hails us a new cab, and we start driving through the city to find somewhere to eat.
This is where the city gets crazy. For one, we drive by the Paris hotel from Las Vegas and fireworks are going off. Then we drive by Kensington Palace, which is surrounded by construction because they're building a theme park in the back. Then we're in my crazy head mash up of urban areas. Then we get out at the diner from 500 Days of Summer where they order pancakes, because that's what we're going to do. We get out of the cab, and Jim asks me to wait for a minute, and he gets down on one knee and ties his shoe like in that one episode when he tells her he's going to propose soon. But in my dream, he ties his shoe and says, "I have something important to ask you," and I don't know what he's talking about, and then as he gets a ring box out of his pocket and proposes right there in front of the diner.
And I start crying, and I can't believe how beautiful the city can be and how wonderful Jim is and how lucky I am to have the life I have. And then I wake up.
What I'm dying to know is what the pancakes are like afterwards! Slash, how good of a kisser Jim is...
No comments:
Post a Comment