But I'm realizing every day that if I don't make the most of every second I have in every place I'm in, I'll regret it someday. That city could be the city of my dreams, or the city I go to school in (and wish I could run away from a lot, but hey... what's young adulthood without angst?)
My woman Cat J texted me like a dozen pictures and told me to send her some, and I naturally had two that I hadn't sent her yet (we text pictures a lot, but I don't take very many with my phone besides our selfies) so I took a few tonight to share...
First of all, the whole state is on fire. Literally. It's another Utah summer. Every year there's less rain and more fire, which is scary, but what can you do? I drove to Kanosh after work tonight and the sun was starting to set when I got through Scipio, and the combination of smoke and almost-twilight blue sky was amazing. It was the most beautiful (and sad) drive I've ever made to my grandparent's house.
Second of all, my parents are thinking about getting a second dog...
He's a five year old bichon frise named Skippy. Skippy? Skippy. Bleh. I'm sorry, but I'm very much 100% against naming anything a noun, adjective, or anything that could be recognized as a "puppy name." Part of my anger is probably jealousy, but I'm just going to have to think about this one for a while.
Thirdly, my grandma had this floral display on the TV downstairs:
It's cute and patriotic, which is all you can ask for in a floral arrangement on the week of the 4th of July. But, upon closer inspection, the roses are screen-printed with Our Lady of Guadalupe and that peasant from the story, that sees her in a vision in Guadalupe and eventually builds her a convent/cathedral... Our Lady of the Blue! In my grandma's flowers!
If y'all don't know that story, click on the link. It's a good one.
at any rate, me gusta.




No comments:
Post a Comment