30.1.13

CHAIN OF EVENTS

When good things happen, that's great. But the chain of events that lead up to good things is always just as impressive for me. It's easy for me to realize (or create the idea) that if I had done anything slightly differently, the good thing that has happened might not have happened at all.

Like today, I made X amount of stops to see X amount of people, to fix my hair in the reflective windows of the JFSB, to buy a muffin, to send an email. And if I hadn't made those X amount of stops the good things that happened today might not have happened. If I had just gone straight to class, if I hadn't stayed in my seat to write the email, if I had gone to see my boss at 11:00 AM instead of 1:00 PM, this afternoon could've gone entirely different. And if it had gone differently I guess I never would have known what I had missed out on, but knowing that I could have missed out on it after the fact makes me doubly happy that I didn't.

Is that cheesy? I guess. But also it's not that cheesy. It's like that time when I found a picture that someone else had taken of the same random thing I had taken a picture of. Sometimes life brings me to my proverbially scarred knees (high heels are truly lethal), but sometimes my place in the cosmos is lit up and sparkling. And one of those times was today.

And now, I need to write a paper about contemporary Irish demographics. But I am excited to announce that my photography blog, after a four-month nap, is up and running! Three new pictures tonight, more to follow...

GO SEE.
http://entirelymad.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Sometimes I let my brain swim in the deep end and think about life in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are perfect. Your blog is perfect. YOUR PLACE IN THE COSMOS, IS PERFECT. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete