18.6.13

These are my confessions...

To be rapped in an Usher voice:

I don't usually feel embarrassed about who I am or things that I do. I don't have "guilty" pleasures, I just know what I love. I sometimes feel lonely because I don't have a lot in common with people, but I don't get mad at myself for that. It's life.

But, this is something I can confess that is cheesy and almost a guilty pleasure:

I have cried while reading two emails in the past year. They were from the two professors here at school that have made the most changes in my college career. The first one was from a history professor that I was taking a class from at the time (and the class was amazing) asking me to be a TA (for a different, but really fun class). I opened that one during a different class and I could not contain myself. The lights were off for a PowerPoint, though, and I was in a inconspicuous part of the auditorium, so it was not so bad. The amount of love I had for that job this semester was ridiculous. It was just the best. And I am really excited to do it again this fall! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The second time happened just a few months ago when my program director emailed me about a internship he was working to finalize. I had been talking to a different professor earlier that week about my dream internship, and this email that I got described my dream internship word. for. word. And he told me if I was interested, he would recommend me. Seriously? Yes, seriously.

So now the internship is close to being a real thing, and when it is officially official, I might be a witness that dreams do come true. And that, I'm sure, will be a whole new dying-of-excitement/blessedness-confession.

Also, I will confess here and now that I can't eat chocolate anymore. It sucks. But I can still eat spaghetti, so it's all good!



No comments:

Post a Comment