When I came home to Texas in May, I brought one checked bag and my backpack. That was for (what was supposed to be) a three week trip. I went back to Utah with my backpack and a carry on.
I went to Scotland with my backpack and the carry on, and came home with the same backpack and carry on (pretty stuffed both times) after almost six weeks. The stuff that was in the carry on from Texas to Utah and then to Scotland was basically the same stuff.
Now, I'm going back to Utah, and I'm coming with two checked bags, the carry on, and my backpack, and I'm not working with a ton of wiggle room. I have no idea how this happened. I did go shopping with my mom more than once between May and now, but I didn't buy a whole new wardrobe! I think that part of it is that I got two new coats... And new sneakers. And a thing of (adorable Cynthia Rowley) sheets. But two checked bags? Really? (that'll only cost 3384283 extra dollars.)
This is a maximum capacity packing experience. I am ashamed. I had gotten so good at packing light!
Better luck next time, I guess.
Here's a picture of Jacob helping me pack:
As you can tell, he's a very productive packer.

No comments:
Post a Comment