Some of you know that this fall, I am living with one of my best friends in the whole world, who is simultaneously one of the best people on the planet Earth, Becky Wagner.
Besides looking like a Disney Princess, she has the brains of a criminal mastermind. Minus the desire to be evil. Plus a love of babies.
One night last week, while I was brushing my teeth, she walked by the bathroom and was like "OH, you know the vent light? I like to shower with just that one on. Mood lighting."
I was like "vent light?" It turns out that when you turn the vent on in the bathroom (something that I have avoided doing since childhood because it distracts from the noise of the shower, one of my favorite noises) a light on the ceiling also turns on, that is significantly dimmer than the lights above the sink that turn on without the vent.
I have tried to capture the lighting differences, but you really can't tell... Dang camera.
With the sink lights...
With the mood light.
Like I said, it doesn't look like there's a big difference. But in the shower,
THERE IS.
I have been showering with the vent/mood light sans sink lights for a week, and let me just say, it is a totally different experience. Way better. Today I realized that mood lighting has probably inspired some of the sexiest things on earth, including most Daft Punk songs.
That last sentence was both sarcastic and not. A few weeks ago, I was making fun of how weird Daft Punk is in a car, while Get Lucky was playing, and ever since that afternoon I have secretly really enjoyed listening to that song. It may or may not be on repeat as I am typing this. Does it make much sense? Well... I know someone is losing sleep over getting lucky.
Here is a picture of me wearing my most seductive shirt (I know it's seductive thanks to Dwight K. Schrute. Hopefully it works the other way around, since I'd rather be hit on by guys than girls. Anyways...) in the shower with the mood light on:
And a picture of Becky being seductive in the doorway in her normal clothes:
And us taking a bathroom mirror pic:
So, I'm going to edit some papers now.
Mood lighting. Do it. It'll change your life.



No comments:
Post a Comment