"Fomo" is an acronym for "fear of missing out," a problem that one of our roommates has. We tease her for it.
Today I woke up with a bad case of fomo. What if I'm missing out? And specifically my fear from this morning, what if people who could be awesome are not in my life?
Then I realized that fomo is pointless. If people want you in their lives they'll probably make a point to include you. And missing out is relative. Every time I leave Provo, I'm missing something(s). But I'm also usually in places where I can be doing awesome things that I couldn't do in Provo. So really, in the long run, Provo is missing out for not being with me all the time.
Cuz my life is amazing.
In case you were wondering when this post was going to become applicable to you, I think that point is not going to come. I just needed to blog this out.
***Happy Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(***Again, this is mostly me saying "I am happy it's Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because this week stole my cookies and then jumped on them five million times and then made me run a marathon in the Sahara. In other words, I am exhausted and I am ready for the weekend because that means hours that can be devoted to the creation and consumption of cookies.)
I love everything about this post. (I think I've posted that exact sentence on your blog at least 50 times. Or thought it in my heart)
ReplyDelete