Underground parking?
Under-ripe peaches?
Trying to decide if you have time to go do not homework things?
The feeling you get when you look at your roommate wearing cute outfits every day, and you're wearing a different large man T-shirt from yesterday?
People telling you you look the same, even though everyone else has changed, after two years?
OK, yep. That last one.
I have totally changed. You cannot tell me I look the same as I did when I was a freshman as I do now...
I mean I see some similarities, but I'm definitely chubbier, especially in my face. My hair is shorter... Slightly. And I am just not the same.
I guess what's been really weird about seeing guys that are home now (from their missions. My freshman class is almost all back. WEIRD.) is that they more or less have no idea that I have been alive for the past two years. I guess, in a way, the person that they knew did stop living because the new me was living. And they are different people now, too. And we want to be friends again, but it's kind of like starting over again.
Is starting over worth it? Uh, yeah. Since me gaining two friends back would increase my current school friends circle by 25%, I'd say that it's worth it. But it's so strange, to reintroduce yourself to someone who used to know you well and now doesn't know you at all... kind of...
Here are some big changes between freshman Madi and senior Madi:
-Freshman Madi loved making food. Senior Madi likes to make salad and bowls of cereal. Toast is pushing it.
-Freshman Madi had no direction. Senior Madi isn't sure what she's going to be when she grows up, but she is borderline obsessed with her program and has some goals.
-Freshman Madi was a lot more of a people pleaser. Senior Madi pleases herself to a fault.
-Freshman Madi had not fallen in love with Hemingway yet. Senior Madi has admitted to professors about daydreaming about running away with Hemingway.
-Freshman Madi devoted 6 hours to watching things every day. Senior Madi is lucky if she can watch two episodes of The Office on Saturdays.
-Freshman Madi didn't know where home was. Senior Madi does.
-Freshman Madi had been to some cool places. Senior Madi has been to more cool places.
Lots of other things.
I'm just really different now, I think. That's all.
But, I will give guys some wiggle room. I know their brains mostly care about girls getting skinnier and getting married. So I guess on those accounts, I am the same as I used to be.



No comments:
Post a Comment