11.9.13

thank yous

This blog is sometimes just lists. Is that OK? Of course it's ok. It's my blog. Or log? Blist? Blists?

Today the list is a list of people I want to say thank you to and why. Essentially, a group thank you post. Why? Because I saw this quote today:


And I was like, "Thanks, St. Francis."

And I then I realized St. Francis isn't the only person that deserves a big thanks from me.

Thank you, Kickball Team 23, for forfeiting tonight's game. My nervous gagging has finally subsided.

Thank you, Cat, for going along with my dumb plans. Someday when you're a published poet, you'll thank me.

Thank you, Molly, for never telling me to shut up. God must have spent a little more time on you.

Thank you, those five guys in Hist 304, for doing the reading for this week and leading the discussion so that there was no awkward silence and then the prof would automatically know that I didn't do it.

Thank you, Lydia, for telling me the code to the storage room in the HRCB. It may smell like mold and crust now, thanks to the unplugged and dirty fridge, but it is still a sanctuary.

Thank you, Melissa, for still loving me even though I ditched your birthday party to do homework. Thank you also for the cupcakes. They made my life. I ate them both even though you told me to give one to my roommate. It was just a two cupcake kind of night.

Thank you, Mom, for always praying for me. I haven't missed any classes (in the one week of school that I have had so far) and I am definitely blaming that on you!

Thank you, Target Pharmacists, for always being so friendly and giving me coupons for men's clothes and frozen food. You know me too well.

Thank you, Becky, for always wanting ice cream. I will always put you before my concerns over body image.

Thank you, Matt, for having me edit your papers. It makes me feel useful (even though it takes me forever to send them back. I'm sorry!)

Thank you, the lady that waved (and smiled!) at me when I crossed the street today. Drivers that wave are so great.

Thank you, boy with ADD, for not wiggling your sandals together for all of class. That was kind of driving me crazy, but when you stopped, I really felt some peace.

Thank you, The Whitest Boy Alive, for providing tonight's chill tunes.

Thank you, the inventor of Spotify. That was a great, no, wondrous idea.

Thank you, Patrice, for unstacking the dishwasher. I'm assuming that was you.

Thank you, Starlee, for always hugging me before you get out of the car. I may be the kind of person that has "Don't touch me or I'll poke both of your eyes out" written all over my face, but I really enjoy that WPC. Or whatever that acronym is.

Thank you, friends that are getting married, for sending me invites. I know stamps ain't cheap.

Thank you, blog readers, for really boosting my self confidence through your contribution to my page views. As many as THREE PEOPLE come to this blog every day. And that amazes me. I love you all. Nobody that I said thank you to is going to ever read this post, BUT YOU HAVE. God bless you.

And last, but not least, thank you, Dad, for putting Star Wars in my life. Today in the smaller of the classes I TA, the prof was trying to make a reference to midichlorians but he kept saying mitochondrias and no one was understanding. Frustrated, he said, "You know, what are the things in Star Wars that tell you..." And I almost jumped up and said "MIDICHLORIANS, you're thinking of midichlorians!" And he was like "Yeah, that's it!" And still, no one understood. But I did. It was great. You took me to see Episode I in Longview. I remember. You were ticked when Anakin's mom told Qui Gon that "There was no father." You said, under you breath, "PSH, that is impossible!" And I was like "Dad this is Star Wars. Everything is possible." I didn't actually say that, but I was thinking it. Sassy from the start. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment