Mondays and Wednesdays are my crazy brain days. "Crazy brain," a phrase coined and often employed by Starlee Jacobs of Campus (Craft and) Floral, is what happens when your brain is overwhelmed by thoughts and starts to either shut down or issue random commands.
Today was a particularly asking-for-crazy-brain kind of Monday, complete with cramming, an exam, missing a class, being late for a class, making too many comments in History 304, and multiple moments when I thought if I couldn't use the bathroom right then, my bladder would explode (I happen to stay super hydrated on CBdays...). At any rate, I was going to make dinner with my friend Kylan tonight, and on my way to pick him up, CB was past setting in. I couldn't focus. I felt tired and also wide awake. When we started talking in the car, my mind was blank, so I was probably talking nonsense. I remember thinking "you are articulating nothing."
But something about being with Kylan is the most amazing thing. I hope everyone has friends like that. As soon as we were eating, which is something we did a lot in the UK this summer/something I associate with feeling safe and calm, the CB ended. And I felt like life was good. And we had laughs and chats and potatoes that were soooooo big and it was a good dinner and a good night that ended with toasts for Becky the FIANCÉ. (that's what I'll probably post about tomorrow, so just sit tight Becky fans).
I feel like my posts this month are all a little too mushy for my taste, but I have a lot to be grateful for and a lot of people that deserve to be thanked at length. Lindsey for saying hi to me every Friday morning. Sandi for sending me THE MOST AMAZING BOX (which also deserves like, a whole blog of its own). My mom for telling me to follow my grad school dreams. And Kylan for eating dinner with a crazy brain, among other things. Sorry I make faces at you sometimes. I just want to impress you with my faces.
ALL OF THOSE THINGS WERE CALLING YOUR NAME!!! In the box, I mean.
ReplyDelete