30.10.13

dreaming about babies/waiting for icelandic

So I have some dreams that I call "city dreams," because they take place in this composite-city of all my favorite places. And sometimes that composite city is New York, sometimes it's not named; it's usually just crowded and a little dingy. Normal city-ish.

Like three times in my life that I can remember, I have had baby dreams. Dreams about being pregnant, or holding a baby that I know is mine. Those dreams are mostly weird and uncomfortable and I don't like them.

Anyways, last weekend I had a city dream with a baby dream. It was weird. And the babies in the dream weren't genetically mine, but I was responsible for them. They were actually sextuplets, all girls, and the mom was having a hard time pushing all of their strollers at once in this one part of the city, so she asked me to be responsible for three of them. And I think they ended up becoming "mine."

The contrast of images in this dream was so strange. Big, stone buildings, dirty streets, the bright lights of a jumbo-ad in front of a movie theater VS. tiny pink fingers, little pink strollers, the soft and clean faces of babies wearing little fleece caps... And for the first time, I felt love towards the babies in my dream. I wanted them to be happy and clean in this big city. I loved the city, but the babies were more important. That is something I have never experienced.

I think it's funny that my brain came up with this dream. One of the worst parts of my other baby dreams is that the baby daddy is usually unknown or someone that I do not love, and thus I have a hard time loving/wanting to care for the baby. In this dream, there was no dad at all. And the babies definitely weren't mine. And they were girls, of all possible choices... (I usually want boy babies). But I loved them. I loved their little fingers and their little closed eyes.

Also, for the first time, the city wasn't perfect. There was a group of sketchy undesireables following me around one part of the city, which made me want to leave. Also, it was in the middle of the afternoon. My least favorite time of day. The sun is so bright and hot... Terrible.

For the record: my favorite days of ever are the days when it's morning, or afternoon, or all day, and the sky is bright but dark and stormy. I still remember those days in elementary school. It was like going to school in the night time. So cool!

And now it is almost time for me to go give a presentation about my major to the Icelandic 101 class. There are ten people in that class. Learning Icelandic. Can you imagine? I wish I was one of them.

Not really, but that would be cool. Ain't nobody got time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment