Some of my relics include: the pearl I got in Epcot, my mom's college glasses frames, a pencil I found at church in Glasgow, and as of yesterday, this letter:
It's a letter from The Wordsworth Trust, dictating the terms of my 3-month internship that will begin this January. And yes, I did bring it with me to school today. I was worried if I left it at home someone might slink through my window and steal it, a la Cat in Paris. Or, it might grow wings and fly back to Grasmere. I've tried to do that before.
More than all of my other relics, this one is especially blessed. It represents four years of scheming, working, and meeting people that would open all the right doors for me. More than anything it represents those people. I don't know exactly why people look out for me, offer me jobs, tell me to follow my dreams, but they do. And those people deserve all the wonderful things in this world. If you have done any of those things for me, and the list is transatlantic, thank you forever.
I will be going to Grasmere without other BYU students, but those three months will make up my last semester as an undergraduate student. I managed to save the best semester for last! I'm not going to be back in Provo in time to walk the graduating stage, but I'm coming back to Utah at the end of April anyways because Becky is getting herself hitched. Dash it all, you love bird.
And that's that. It's OFFICIAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment