26.10.13

the mackeys are not mexican, but they have no problem pretending they are.

Well, I know I definitely don't. My family is also really big on Don Juan's, which is the most Mexican restaurant in Tyler. My mom even calls the owner one of her "bffs." They talked about my DDLM party, apparently. 

You probably know, if you read this blog regularly, that I'm a little unconventional. I mean, everyone is a little unconventional, so in that way, I'm pretty normal. But the ways I am not normal are sometimes particularly weird.

My parents have never told me that I am weird. They have put up with me for 21 weird years, though. And I think they are such good sports about it because they know where I get it from:

My dad.

I also get my squinty smile from Dad. Bless our hearts.

I remember hearing stories about how my dad was a class clown in high school and was always doing goofy things in college. Then he got married and was broke and I was born and he didn't know what he wanted to be when he grew up and he had to stop being funny all the time because he was exhausted. And now he's wise, and always working, and he still doesn't have very much time to be ridiculous. And I'm not going to say that's a total shame, because he's paying da billz... But it's a little shame.

My dad tells me that he misses my silliness. And that's really saying something, because when ESPN isn't on at my house, Duck Dynasty is. You'd think the silliness quotas would be filled. Anyways, he must not want me to get serious yet. He sent me the final pieces of my Halloween costume this year (and he confused Day of the Dead with "Dawn of the Living Dead" but he didn't grow up in Texas so I'm going to let it slide). This is probably the best costume I have ever had. It is also a little silly. I mean, Frida is no laughing matter. But white girl me does not rock the unibrow the way she did.


I don't have a super good reason to wear anything on Halloween this year. I'm not going to any parties, and I am not one of the kids that wears their costume to school... Not cool enough. But If I don't wear it on Thursday, I'll pull it out on Friday for DDLM. This is not going to waste. 

THANK YOU DAD! DADS SEND AMAZING PACKAGES! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment