Everyone that knows I watch Parks and Rec had been telling me this week, "Go and watch the season premier! You'll love it! Ron goes to Scotland!"
I kind of didn't want to watch it, after they said that, A) because I knew it would make me UKsick, B) because when I watch one episode of TV I end up watching 32 hours of TV. But I watched it this afternoon, anyways. Take all the risks, right?
When it shows Ron walking through Central Station in Glasgow, I cried. I cried in my bed. And I could hardly watch the rest of the episode, and when it ended, I logged out of Hulu and felt sorry for myself.
Then I spent an hour wondering why God has given me this desire to always be in the UK. If Nacho can figure out wrestling, I can figure out Europe...
Then I went and bought a sweet pork burrito, enchilada style, from my great American addiction (Cafe Rio) and ate my sorrow while watching Exit Through The Gift Shop, the Banksy documentary, which I have actually seen like 3 times now, in "my" office on campus.
Then I graded for a while.
I felt a lot better after the burrito.
I don't care if technically five people have a key to this office.
It's still mine.
I kind of get that feeling? Except not as much as you because I haven't gotten to travel like you have.
ReplyDeleteIf I could drop everything and live in Ireland for a long period of time (not forever, I want to die in Texas), I would do it in a heartbeat. Last night we went to the temple, and when I got the paper with the name of the woman I did the work for, the first thing I saw was "County Antrim, Ireland." I waited until AFTER I was out in the hall and away from the woman who gave it to me before I started crying.