Topic 1. Today is one of those very, VERY few and far between days that I feel cold. My heater, which is usually off or on 1/5, was on 3/5 all night, I slept with socks on, and I have the under-the-desk heater which smells weird turned on now that I'm in the museum. I took a shiver in the work room and I thought, "I do not remember the last time I felt cold." But now I remember! It was when I missed my train to Oxenholme, on January 16. But before that, I have no idea. I didn't even get that cold on the night we had a kickball game in the freezing rain and I was wearing shorts and that was in... November? Anyways. I never get cold.
Topic 2. When I was studying abroad in Spain, one of my teachers spoke no English. She told us that most romantic language speakers that don't know English think that English sounds like German. I thought that was weird. I don't think English sounds like German at all. But then I met a guy here that comes like once a week to do visitor surveys, and I thought he was German. I couldn't understand a word he said. And when I told Lauren I was confused why they had hired a German to conduct visitor surveys, she told me he was English and just had a thick northern accent. So I guess the whole German/English thing is true.
Topic 3. I need to go to the co-op tonight because I am out of three essentials: paper towels, chocolate, and pink lady apples. I also need to get some more mozzarella cheese, because I had a dream that I ran out and I didn't have enough to make a pizza. Pizza is one of my four favorite food groups, the others being dessert, fruit and veg, and Mexican food. I'm also out of multi-vitamins, but they only sell those at pharmacies and the pharmacy is closed before I get out of work and I don't want to spend my lunch break walking down there because I need to finish a paper that's due this afternoon during lunch. I was going to make pancakes for lunch but then I remembered that paper, so leftovers it is.
Topic 4. Adam. I am willing to say that everyone reading this blog (except for Adam, if you are reading this right now) doesn't know Adam. But if by some chance you do know him, you love him. Adam is so amazingly kind and charming. The first time we met outside of work, he gave me biscuits. That was a good sign. He matches his socks to his jumpers. Perfectly. We have the same cool Booths bag. We both get excited during the cheesy moments of Call the Midwife. And last night, he gave me the Titanic soundtrack (which he found and bought at an Oxfam shop out of town) because he knows I am really obsessed with Titanic right now. I cannot contain my happiness for knowing this guy. Thanks for being so nice to the American, Adam. Your dad would be proud.
Topic 5. Molly. Molly Cook. You always say exactly what I want/need to hear. And I don't think you say it just because I want to hear it. You are so golden. You are my #1. I would cut anyone for you.
Topic 6. 30 more minutes until lunch. I can practically smell the leftovers from here. That might be the heater. Maybe I should take a shower or something, I am cold! And I am not looking forward to the cold walk to the co-op, but I know if I take it I will be able to reward myself by stocking up on chocolate. So I guess it'll all work out in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment