5.2.14

give me the streets of manhattan

Tonight was the first night since Saturday night that we have had internet in the houses.

Oh. my. goodness.

Between the sense of helplessness I felt every night when I couldn't access Netflix and the true sadness from not being able to text my mom (let's hear it for the moms that put up with constant texts from their needy adult daughters), I really thought I was going to go through a serious personality change if I couldn't access the internet in my room for much longer. I don't really care if that is a good or bad thing. I just know that now that the internet is back, I have so much more to do other than go to bed early... Which is quickly becoming one of my favorite pastimes, internet available or not.

I am living in a miraculously beautiful place. I know it is amazing and I'm never going to forget. But you can't take the city out of this girl... Especially when it comes to expecting phone coverage and internet access at all times and in all things and in all places.

Here is a picture of me and Lauren, taken by the amazingly wonderful Adam Lines, on our trek home from Ambleside on Tuesday. We got a little muddied and our feet were not happy with us that night, but we saw some beautiful views. INCLUDING SOMETHING THAT WAS EITHER A HARE OR A FOX. Redwall checklist is one animal shorter... But to be safe, I will hope that I see one of each one more time before I leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment