I've had a slight cold for over a week now. It's been kept at bay with the cold medicine that I brought from the States, but now that's out, so I'm waiting for it to progress into full-blown cold misery. The sore throat is already setting in.
It's only fitting. My body knows that I am heartbroken* about leaving, so it's going to start shutting down completely and force me to want my family so bad that I willingly get on the plane to America. Thankfully, once I get to America, I'll be surrounded by kin. In a random turn of events, my dad is picking me up at the airport in Salt Lake because he's in town for a business meeting. He leaves the next morning, and then four days later my mom shows up to drive with me back to Texas. During those four days, I'll be staying in my favorite sick ward (lolz), my dear Swensen tios' house. There will be hugs. There will be doggies. There will be humidifiers.
I probably won't be blogging for a week or so. There is so much to do in so very very little time, between saying hasta luego to everyone here and everyone in Utah, and then settling in my parents' house again. These types of farewells are my least favorite things to do, in many ways. But it has to be done! The tickets are bought, the summer is calling. It will be nice to get some sun!
*There is no other word. Not one.
No comments:
Post a Comment