13.7.14

school for graduates

Tomorrow afternoon, I will take my very very last undergraduate exam. That's right. I finally finished the 18 month online class of horror. And tomorrow I sign off of BYU Independent Study FOREVER.

To celebrate (instead of studying) (who does that), I finally made the Venn Diagram of my top grad schools. I haven't selected potential faculty mentors yet, but these history programs look the most appealing to me.


Q: Wow Madi, have you lost your senses completely? (He's a human! You're a mermaid!) I am seeing more than one Ivy League name in that list...
A: I will never have the chance to put my name into the Goblet of Fire. This is as close as it's going to get. So I'm running with the magic in me.

Q: Are you applying to all of these?
A: Unless I encounter impediments, I will definitely apply to every school in the purple circle. That's 13 schools. If I'm feeling nervous after that, I'll branch out.

Q: You must be rolling in it, just to pay for the application fees... Have you looked at Columbia's tuition scale lately?
A: Yes. And no, I am the opposite of rolling in it. Jesus Take The Wheel.

Q: What are you wanting to do again?
A: The end goal is a PhD, so that I can teach at a university level. In order to apply to history programs, I will be submitting several writing samples as well as a project proposal. What I hope to research (my project) is Iberian Expansion, or the colonial history of Spain and Portugal in the New World.

Q: Why that?
A: It feels right. American Colonial History is one of my favorite topics, and my Spanish (and Portuguese... lol) skillz might look good on research funding applications. They go together.

End of interview.

Time to go flip through my essays from the online class... In 24 hours, I will be as good as officially a Bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment