1.8.14

there is no final frontier

I am completely obsessed with this 8 minute clip Brazil officials released yesterday of members of a previously uncontacted Amzonian tribe communicating (and later stealing things from) Brazilian locals and FUNAI (Brazil's Native Indian Department) employees on one side of the Rio Envira. It is suspected that the tribesmen were pushed out of their home in Peru by illegal loggers and/or drug traffickers. This interaction happened a month ago.

The fact that there are still native tribes living in the Amazon fascinates me to no end. I could literally study that and them for the rest of my life. But there is so much philosophy, sociology, politics... I would love to know more. I would hate to know more. Should I know more? Should they?

That's the thing about discovery: it's impossible to experience it on one side only. So much is affected in the act. Everything, I think, is changed due to discovery. And the discovery of peoples... Oh, heavens. There is nothing more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment