4.8.14

Nick, Nickie... Nick, Nick, Nick, Nico...

I would be lying if I denied that I have been blessed beyond compare as a student in the European Studies program at BYU. So many doors have opened. I can't believe it. Like today, I got a short-term, part-time job because I was an ES student. It's not going to send me back to England, but it is going to put Cheerios on the table. And I like me some Cheerios.

The head of the ES program is Nick Mason, an English professor with a penchant for matters European. He opened a huge amount of those opportunity-doors for me. And when I was talking to my mom about graduation last week, and how blessed I was to be an ES student, she suggested that I name one of my future kids Nick. I said I should probably name all of my kids Nick. And she said, "Oh good, it will be like My Big Fat Greek Wedding! I love it!" My mom usually thinks my ideas are pretty ridiculous, so when she says she likes one, I run with it full steam ahead. So the "name all my children Nick" thing is probably definitely going to happen. 

Thanks, Nick.

1 comment: