So, much like my night of eye-make-up experiments, tonight was hair night.
The Entire History of My Hair (minus the blonde/brown/identity crisis fiasco):
When I was five, I told my mom I wanted short hair. Thus came my first shoulder-bob. Up to that point in my life, my hair had mostly just been long and wavy (like a princess. at least that's what I was going for.) with bangs that were just long enough to fit over my mom's scary curling iron, and become poofy every Sunday. After that first bob, my hair didn't grow much longer than a few inches past my shoulders until the seventh grade, when I decided to go for a unisex supa-short cut that wasn't very flattering, at all, even on good days. I liked it that day, and a few days after that, but I was so scarred that I didn't cut my hair for 5 years. By the time I felt like my hair was really long again, I cut it all off. For some reason, I told myself that with my hair above my shoulders, I looked like Matilda (even though we all know that in the book, she had really long hair, and in the movie her hair was definitely past the shoulders) and therefore smart and charming. Most people told me I looked old. And I really, really liked to have short hair again. Then, my face got chubby, and when I got another trim before high school graduation, I just looked silly. So, for the past year, I've been trying to grow it out, and it's finally to a point where it touches my back in a pony tail, even without being straightened. Basically I'm really proud of myself.
When my hair was/is long enough, I wear it up. All day, erry day. Pony tail holders are my constant companions. But tonight my mom told me that she really wished I'd wear it down more often. This means styling. So, I told her if she bought me a "curling wand" (princess phase has returned?) I'd wear it down.
This is the curled results. Judge how you please. I'm still not sure.
All I have to say is... It took flipping forever for this to happen. So unless I become somehow better/faster at curl wanding overnight, this will probz only happen on dress-up-like-it's-the-80's-days and my mom's birthday (obvz in the same category).
Srry for the abrevz Sandi. I can't help myself.

I think yo curlz is kah-yewt. Srsly, they look good! I've found that if you pull your hair half up, half down, you can usually get away with curling only the down part and it takes less time :)
ReplyDelete