It's that time of night when I just want more than anything to wash my hair with my eyes closed because my hair feels gross and my eyes hurt. AKA, I am VERY tired.
But I have this thing about sleeping before I leave places.
Sleeping is definitely great. I love it. Therefore, I have a very special relationship with the places where I sleep. I don't sleep sitting up, ever, period... So that rules out chairs. But just about anywhere else where I can lie down is a potential sleepery. I take that back; it has to be very clean, private, and made for sleeping in. So mainly beds. But, no matter what it is, if I sleep habitually in the same place, I eventually become one (think yoga) with that place. That's just a part of my sleep routine. Call me what you will. As long as it's not a cuss.
Anyways, if I go on a trip that lasts a week or more (example: coming home this summer), I have a set of rules regarding saying goodbye to my sleeping place. In this case, that would be my bed. SO, the last night I have to sleep on my bed is either going to be a great sleep or I'm not going to sleep-sleep at all. I'm realizing at this point that this might be really weird to read. Whatever. So, if I can sleep for like 7+ hours before I have to get out of bed again, then I do. But, if I stay up late packing, crying, doing things that are not sleeping in said bed, then I only allow myself to nap right before getting up again. It's like I don't want to tease myself. It totally sucks when it's my last night in a bed, and I'm like, "Well, looks like I have to get up in 3.5 hours. Might as well settle in to my favorite little spot and pretend like I get to sleep 10 hours!" No, no, no. There's napping and then there's SLEEPING. And my last night in bed, I'm either going to SLEEP, or nap. There is no in between.
Conclusion: I have to get up in 3.5 hours, and it really sucks to know that my last night in my favorite bed (with my favorite sheets and pillows and the perfect fan-cooling to blanket-warming ratio) is only going to be a nap. A nappy nap.
So... Goodnap, 2AM readers. The next installment of my life will be published in the state of the best snow on Earth!, or so says the license plates.
Don't believe anything those license plates say.
ReplyDeletethe license plates hold the truth and nothing but the truth. we do have the best snow on earth. and this is coming from a native, utah skiaholic.
ReplyDelete