I just finished watching The Big Year with my brothers. I had been wanting to see it ever since I first saw the poster, which doesn't happen very often, and I wasn't disappointed. No one seemed to give it stellar reviews, but it really struck a chord with me. I would recommend it. It's comical without being over the top or crass, it's touching without a passionate orchestra or death, it's romantic with Rashida Jones (love you RJ). Unless you hate birds (and I know some of those people) or Owen Wilson (I'm talking to you, Steve-o), redbox it sometime.
The second story of the night is the story of my one-day-wonder with my photo blog. I just woke up one day and it was suddenly more famous than it had ever been--it had gotten 300 views overnight. In internet terms, that is literally nothing. But in the world of Madison Mackey's blogs, that is show-stopping. Blogger's stats page said that it had been hit by stumbleupon, which I thought was exciting, so I put a link on facebook and sat around for the rest of the day watching my view chart's y-axis get longer. But, after that one day, views slunk and I doubt it's ever going to get that exciting again. This is what the chart looked like tonight:
As displayed, on July 6th, I almost got 700 views. Crazy Town USA. Just as a comparison, here are the stats of this blog ever since its creation in 2008:
In 4 years, I haven't even gotten close to what happened on Entirely Mad in less than 24 hours.
Ah, the magic and math of the interweb.
For the near future, I'll probably just stick to feel-good movies or anything with Steve Martin in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment