12.8.12

I'M BAAAAAACK

The news tonight is that my best friend James McAvoy the Mini Christmas Tree (he lives in my front yard) is suffering from tree heat stroke and I'm worried that he will die. The fact that his bottom branches are basically brown and he looks kind of sad all the time, despite the fact that I watered him for five minutes straight last night while reading Jane Eyre aloud, does not bode well for James. The last time I had a best friend that was a plant (Queen Victoria the Mini Potted Zinnia) she did die, because I left her on my window ledge and went to church and the wind blew her off the ledge to her death. I let it happen. It's my fault QVMPZ is no longer here. JMMCT's death won't really be my fault because my mom planted him in the front yard where he would have no shade, but my heart is still pretty sad. I don't want him to die. He's too young. I haven't even gotten to put Christmas lights on him yet.

This is a picture of QVMPZ taken on March 16 2011, just four days before she was knocked to the cold, hard ground. I had loved her so. Notice the sock double wrapped around the pot to keep her warm on snowy nights.

This is a picture of James McAvoy the man. I don't have any pictures of my JMMCT yet, so this is a place holder. An attractive place holder, at that.

This is a picture that I painted today while watching Jane Eyre (... still obsessed. Sorry I'm not sorry.) and thinking about James' suffering, and Shakespeare. Name that sonnet, kids!

So, yeah. That's my life right now. Hard as nails. 



1 comment:

  1. I would like to know what's keeping you from putting Christmas lights on JMMCT right now?

    ReplyDelete