14.10.12

oh so deep

I have absolutely zero faith in fate.

I have no doubt that God has plans that are meant to be, but he never forces them. The phrase "If it's meant to be, it'll be," holds no stock. How can you prove that?

We all have destinies, but they are not guaranteed.

We make a million million million little choices that shape our path and push us forward. We don't usually see that happening. Those things come in the form of brushing teeth or reading emails or stapling papers or making eye contact. And those little things make hours and days and years. We don't realize that through all those little things, we are reading a book of life that God already wrote... Except it's eternal, and it's never really done being written, and he has a million million million outcomes for us, but we get to choose what we get. Sometimes we forget we're choosing. Sometimes it seems like we're not choosing at all.

But sometimes we realize that we got what we chose. And those moments, when everything falls into place, and we catch a glimpse of something grand--those are blessed moments. They don't happen every day. That is frustrating to me a lot of days. I just want to know everything. I want to know why all the boring things happen. I want everything to have this magical, magnificent purpose.

But I don't think it's our job to see the purpose in the small things. We just have to make sure the small things happen, so that we're ready for the bigger things. The bigger things will make it worth it.

And those big things are usually good enough to make the small things, everything mundane or miserable, worth it. Those big things will make our destiny. Maybe they're meant to be, but maybe not. All that matters is doing the little things right, appreciating the big things when they come, and ending up wherever God wants you to be in the end and smiling and saying: Good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment