29.6.13

loch lomond

I had never heard of Loch Lomond. I had known that Scotland had its own sort of Lakes District, but I didn't really know where that was. And I had never heard the song Loch Lomond... UNTIL TODAY.

I'll be honest: If you have ever seen me staring into the distance in the past four years, I was day dreaming that I was in a place quite like unto Loch Lomond. In fact, I am willing to say that it was always Lomond, and I just didn't know it.


Please click on it so that it's big and you get a little more of an idea. 

And it was raining on the cruise we took around the islands closest to Luss... It was constant deja vu. Like my dreams had been made into a real place. Like God retroactively created my perfect place, and lined everything up for me to see it today.

Ok, really, I know I am a sentimental person. But after today, my heart is seriously signed and sealed to the Trossachs. 

Now, go listen to Loch Lomond. It has been stuck in my head for 24 hours now. And I'm OK with that. I recommend this version, even though it's an American group. This one is by a Scottish dude, though, and I'm all about authenticity... Who ain't?


Me on those bonnie banks.


My insides were half kid-in-a-candy-shop and half i-must-have-died-on-the-bus-cuz-this-is-def-heaven.


2 comments: