11.6.13

virtual sticky notes

For the past year, I have had three never-moving sticky note widgets on my desktop. They were always minimized, so I wasn't really sure what they said. I think I started writing them in Spain, because that's the first time I watched 10 Things I Hate About You, and that's what Pipe down, Chochy! is from...


So tonight I opened them for the first time since... Maybe Christmas. 


Let's just dive into these bits and pieces, one by one.

Purple note: 
1) DON'T LET IT BREAK YOUR HEART
[A line of Coldplay pep talk,] 

2) what more can you give?
what more can you be doing?
[two inspirational questions,]

3) I just want plain, baby jesus in a manger, christmas!
[an Office quote (Stanley, duh),]

4) St. Andrew's is where they filmed Harry Potter and it's the alma mater of Will and Kate.
[an important piece of information,]

5) Now is your time. Become, believe, try. Walk closely with people you love, and with other people who believe that God is very good and life is a grand adventure. Don't spend time with people who make you feel like less than you are. Don't get stuck in the past, and don't try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven't yet earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life's path. -Shauna Niequist 
[another inspirational quote,]

6) Brooke Waggoner
[a vocal artist to look up.]

Blue note: 
1) Pipe down, chochy!
[10 Things I Hate About You quote, which I watched in Spain, right before I left, actually.]

2) jesus didn't scare you, i did.
[And then a License to Wed quote, which I watched in the common room of one our London hostels while I was trying to use the free wifi.]

3) Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
[And a Mary Oliver quote.] 

Yellow note: An obviously long quote from Love's Labour's Lost. I am not sure why I made this. But it has one of my favorite bits of Shakespeare in it!

From women's eyes this doctrine I derive; 
They are the ground, the books, the academes
From whence doth spring the true Promethean fire

So, yeah. That's what I made notes on last summer. And now that I have shared them with you, I feel like it's ok to take them off my desktop. I had to hide all the random other things in the corners of my screen so that y'all wouldn't know how messy it is. I wanted to impress you with my pristine background. Now, you know it is not pristine. But I'm working on it. Just don't be disappointed in me. That's the pits.




1 comment:

  1. What I'm taking away from this is, I should start reading Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete