I love that phrase. If I could do anything, I would do it with wild abandon.
Tonight I am going to a poetry reading, and I do not know if they are going to ask for audience contribution, but I wrote a poem today during TA training (sexual harassment training, no less... it lent to the sensual spirit of poetic craft) and I'm going to put it here in case I don't read it. Or share it or whatever. I'm not good at poetic things. But this was created to be shared. So, ENJOY.
Title: Quid Pro Quo
(yes, that was a slide title in the training)
By: Madi Mackey
You fall asleep.
I curl up, become smaller than a tea cup. Smaller than a tear drop.
We are dreaming of the Black Sea.
I am there.
Slipped between your closed lids, surfaced in the saline.
Now you dream of me.
You literally just walked past my office and I wanted to shout out to you but I couldn't :( COME BACK. Also, I think we might have been in the same sexual harassment meeting. Destiny is clearly trying to get us togethas.
ReplyDelete