So for the non-LDS readers of this: Relief Society is Sunday School for women. Every Sunday, morms go to three meetings: Sacrament meeting (chapel worship), Sunday school, and then either Relief Society (women) or Priesthood (men).
Madi (to Becky): I don't have that.
Becky: I took this one from someone else. But it wasn't stealing.
Madi: My mom told me I should read it but I was like "eh..."
Becky: You should read it. We should read it together!
Me: Uh PSH. I want to read Lord of the Rings!
RS is so hard for me. Women... Are nuts. Not like insane crazy, but usually crazy as in "you have way too many feelings and disjointed thoughts." I would know because I am a woman. The only good part of Relief Society is that we have treats more often than the guys. I am not anti-RS, nor am I a women-should-have-the-priesthood person, I just feel like RS class is sometimes really bleh. I know it's all in the teacher, and I've had some great teachers, but I feel like teaching things to just women is half useful. Why don't we talk about all this stuff, congregation and service and all the other stuff, as men and women? I feel like lessons like this are partially ineffectual when it's just one sex or the other. Or maybe I just rely on sexual tension (which abounds in Sunday school, amirite?) to help me focus on spiritual matters.
In closing, here's a snapchat I accidentally downloaded before I sent it to ANNIE T MY GURL.

No comments:
Post a Comment