29.1.14

timeless classic

So, the six new trainees (year-long interns) moved into the houses over last weekend and I met them all on Monday. Last night, I talked to three of them, at length, about whether or not Kate Winslet was wearing a corset for 100% of Titanic. Because, you know. That's the kind of thing that automatically comes up after "So where are you from?" in my generation.

Only one of the new trainees moved into my house, and I'm loving it. Her name is Lauren. She's from like... South of Birmingham? And she studied Egyptology at school. And she shamelessly watches the British version of Maury. If you ever see this, Lauren, just know that you are wonderful. She says things like "Story of my life. There's always an onion in the way." "One time, when I was six, I drew a picture of a mouse with an unfortunately placed tale. My mum loves it. I also drew a picture of a green bean with legs." "Well, you know, if there are people stuck in wheel chairs in here during a fire we could just wrap them in the bubble wrap." "Oh, my cobbieeeeeees!!!!" "I'm not going to eat both of these Kit Kats. I'm just going to eat the second one if the first one doesn't work out." "I met two guys in Turkey and I didn't understand their names so I called them Mufasa and Aslan." "I wanted to wipe the steam off my bus window once but then I thought... What if someone sees me outside?"(and my personal favorite, in a very weird and sad voice) "hew hew hew I am sewwwww shorttttt."

I'm sorry that I laughed. But I love to laugh. And you are so good at saying things that are perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment